Go!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Confessions of a Raw Food Newbie

Happi Late New Year's to you all!

My prayer is that you are kicking into gear with the entrance of this year. As with most, I've had plenty of time to reflect on 2009. I must join the many who have stated that they are glad for its passing. I decided that in the Spirit of tithing, I'd like to "tithe" a protion of my heart to each of you as an offering for the first month of the new year.

This "offering" is me continuing to be who I am. Yes, publicly and all. Probably first and foremost on my offering list is the subject of LOVE! I have chosen this year, to endeavor to release more of it but not ignorantly or without thought. What I mean is, I want to understand and learn more the depths of it and how to better care for it. I want to be selective and protective but not paranoid or aloof as so many are when it comes to this subject. I realize its a process, and I'm committed. I have come to understand to a certain degree that attempting to do this requires full acknowledgment of my Creator because of this I am sure, He is love. I have discovered about myself that I LOVE LOVE! Love in itself reminds me of a rose. So beautiful to gaze upon, so lovely to look at, so fragrantly intoxicating, yet grasp it in the wrong way and one might get stuck! As beautiful as a rose is, it doesn't come without thorns!

At this time, I'm wanting to understand the "thorns" too. What are they really? Truth, I think is one of them (thorn). I love truth even though at times it has been very "sharp" and even painful in this last year. Never the less, I find myself wholly addicted because when all is said and done in truth, there is NO ROOM left for any of the opposite of truth. Perhaps another thorn of love is, "what you see is what you get!" Lord willing, I've got the rest of this year to discover what I don't know and re-assess what I think I do know. Well, we'll see what comes of it soon enough.

Anyway, on to my "confessions". I don't know about any of you other "raw foods newbies"but I have found myself to be more a vegetarian in this winter than raw foodie. My diet of raw could have been better within the last 3 months of the year! I found myself opting for more cooked food than I had ingested in the whole year! Cooked soups, some cheese,(yes! I know, Father forgive me!), too many items with sugar. I did remain in position about not indulging in meat. I have found the smell of meat to make me somewhat nauseated and so it wasn't as much a challenge for me as the other. The great thing is I experienced the symptoms in my body I had prior to being a raw food newbie (I felt like the opposite of heaven!) not to mention I GAINED WEIGHT!!!!!!! This was enough to slap me back into a raw foods mindset! Being that truth is a part of "love" I needed to share with you. I did realize however, that once we make up our minds to do something, we can really do it! That might seem obvious, but I believe "mental ascent" is more prevalent with most of us when it comes to true decision making.

I will say this, one of my most favorite raw foods guru's Paul Nison, announced that while he is no longer 100% raw but primarily raw (and I was a 90/10er) that he has introduced into his diet raw goats cheese and dairy. Much to my relief and surprise, I am rather happy with this and have decided to be free in my thinking and diet with regards to this. I agree with him that the bulk or majority of what we eat should be raw plant based foods, but adding the raw goats cheese and dairy is also of great benefit when done in conscious moderation. The scripture says that "a wise man receives correction and becomes wiser still". I believe this is wisdom. Each of you must do as the Lord leads you.

Well,

I don't have but one new resource for you that I love, and that is Bishop Truman Berst's Alternative Health & Herbs ministry.

Here is their bio:

"Alternative Health & Herbs Remedies is a church outreach of Good Shepherd Ministries an Evangelical Christian Church. We are a non-profit Christian Marvingroup of natural health professionals committed to helping ALL people to better health through God, healing, education and manufacturing the highest quality tried-and-proven herbal and natural health products."

One of my favorite things about this resource is that herbal health education is a priority with this ministry. You can even speak with well trained herbalists or Bishop Berst himself concerning historical uses of herbal foods! He is a wealth of tried and true herbal health knowledge. Classes are also available to those who want to learn more.
I invite you to click the link underneath my bio on the top of this page that says "affordable herbal foods". or if you want to be "ghetto" and not take the time to scroll up, click the link here: Affordable Herbal Foods

As you progress into January, I encourage you to find somebody and love them! I want to also say to some, let someone find you and love you too! Be real with yourself this year and if you don't really know what love is, ask the Master Yeshua to lead you into love by praying a simple prayer where you just say, Lord, teach me what love is and how to do it. I am confident, He will.

Love, & Shalom
to you all

Miss Yna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yna,
    I hope all is going well with you and that you are able to accomplish all that you aim for in your diet and love.
    I enjoyed your post.
    I hope to see you soon.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete